This post contains affiliate links. Thanks for supporting my family and I :)
This week is Luca's final week taking part in our local library's (and province-wide) Summer Reading Club. It's a seven week program where you record the books you read and then at the end of the week you get a sticker and a prize! It's kinda surreal because I did it when I was a kid (at the exact same library too!!!!)
If you've been following me for awhile, you'll know I'm a book lover through and through. My hope and dream is that my babies will follow suit. Thankfully they've already developed a love for books. Throughout the day Luca will bring me books to read and at bed time he would read hundreds if he could.
Here is a list of our favourites:
- That's not my Lion - These "That's not my..." books are soo good for babies! They have touch and feel parts that babies love to interact with. London just adores this book and when Luca was her age, he loved it as well. (I'd say best for age 6 months-18 months). London also gives the lion kisses at the end of the book and it is the cutest thing ever!!!
- Wherever You Are: My Love Will Find You- Oh my goodness this book and every other book I've read by Nancy Tillman make me weep!!! They are so beautifully written and capture the heart of parenting (and heart of God.) I was given a number of her books when I had Luca and I was so glad because I had never heard of her books. I 100% recommend getting these for a baby shower!!
- Little Blue Truck Leads The Way- These Little Blue Truck books are sooo sweet. Now that Luca is a bit older, he likes longer stories. I love the illustrations in these ones too.
- Little Owl Lost- I just LOVE these books by Chris Haughton! We also have Oh, No George! and it's soo great. Cute, witty writing and cute illustrations. Luca loves them and often requests them!!
- Each Peach Pear Plum- We love this classic one.
- Are You My Mother?- Another well loved classic.
- Llama, Llama Red Pajama- Probably the most fun rhyme to read!
- DADA- I do NOT recommend this one if you want your child to say MAMA first, ha!! I hid this one from London. Luca said Dada first and I blame it all on this book!!!
- Goodnight Moon- Such a classic!!! I did read a funny buzz feed post on about all the quirkiness in it and made me LOL.
- Hand, Hand, Fingers, Thumb- We love drumming along to this one!
- Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What do You See?- We love this classic so much, I have a t-shirt of it!!
- Hello My Name is Bob- Luca randomly picked this one out at the library and it's SOOO GOOD. I'm tempted to buy it for him.
- Little People, Big Dreams: Rosa Parks- These books are written about amazing women who changed the world! We have Rosa Parks + Audrey Hepburn but I plan on getting London the whole set!
- The Gruffalo- Such a good book! I have it memorized.
That's my list of favourites, I'd love to hear what you love to read to your littles!
photos by Rachael Alexandra Co