When I was a teenager I applied for this thing called 'The Bay High School Council'. I can't remember much about it, except that the interview was terrifying (I performed a monologue from Erin Brockovich in front of 20 grade 12 students), we got to be in a parade and a fashion show (where I wore REALLLY ugly clothes) and we got a job at the Bay. I lucked out and was placed in cosmetics and fragrances.
There, in my seventeenth year, I gained a love for fragrances and more importantly, makeup. I helped out on a few makeup counters throughout that year and a few years after that I worked for Clinique. I absolutely love makeup and still do some freelance work on the side (I'm excited to be working on some of the models in the upcoming you & her Vancouver event!)
So I thought it was about time, I'd share some of my favourite beauty-related things…get ready for my favourite fragrances, skincare products, hair products and (today's) makeup products!
I use almost all of these products everyday. On a normal work day, I'll usually take about 10 minutes to do my makeup (15 if I do a cat eye, ha!)
So here they be, my favourite makeup products (in clockwise order):
1. Naked 2 Palette- This is my absolute favourite palette. It has the perfect mix of warm and cool tones. Naked 3 just got released at Christmas but it's a bit too pinky for my liking. Honestly, you can't go wrong with Naked 2.
2. Mac "Hip n Happy" Lip Liner- The best way to get your lipstick to last longer is to completely cover your lips in lip liner. I love the light pink pigment that this one produces. It's strong enough to wear with just a gloss on top.
3. Balm "Bahama Mama" Bronzer- I use this everyday. It's absolutely perfect for contouring. It's a tad dark, so just use a bit and be sure to blend, blend, blend.
4. Lancome Teint Idole Ultra Foundation- For years I searched for a foundation with actual lasting power. My search was over when I found this one. It's a bit pricy but I only use it for my nose and chin so it lasts me forever.
5. Mac "Blankety" Lipstick- I've been hunting for a good nude lipstick. This one takes the cake. It's not crazy nude-y where it looks like concealer on your lips. It has some depth and pink undertones. So pretty.
6. Mac "Brun" eyeshadow- I use this guy for filling in my eyebrows. It's the perfect brown and works on just about everyone.
7. Smashbox "Pout" lipgloss- This is the perfect pale pink. I usually pair it with Mac's Hip n Happy to make it stay extra long.
8. Lancome Hypnose Mascara- The best mascara ever. Nuff said. Seriously, I've tried a bajillion mascaras. This gives the best drama without mad clumping. I love it, I love it, I love it, booyah.
9. Mac Prep & Prime- I always use this before applying lipliner. It totally preps your lips making them silky and smooth! I bought it a few years ago and I still have it, so that tells you how long you'll have it for, ha.
So there you go, my favourite makeup products! I'm excited to let you know that I'll be pumping out some makeup tutorials every once in awhile!!! So if you have any questions or any requests, send them my way!