If you rifle through my bag you're most likely to find my agenda, wallet, floss, perfume, and a handful of lipsticks. It's no surprise that I am a lover of lipstick. Growing up I thought it was way too intense and was 100% devoted to sticky lip glosses. Thankfully in my early 20s I transitioned to lipsticks and I haven't looked back.
I own a variety of colours and I'm always on the hunt for more but these 5 have been my staples the past year.
From left to right:
1. Vegas Volt by Mac- This is my favourite coral. I find it to have the perfect balance between pink and orange. I usually wear this one in the summer when I have a bit of a tan, but it's also good for spring too.
2. Sweet Succulence by Mac- I purchased this one last fall. I usually wear Mac's Nightmoth lip liner under it to make it extra dark. It's a perfect shade for fall. (Unfortunately it was limited edition BUT I linked it to Mac's Cyber which is quite similar).
3. Pink Caprice by Dior- This is my go to barbie pink. I discovered it a few years back and was so happy when I did. It's a perfect blue toned pink that I had been hunting for. The texture of Rouge Dior is super creamy, which I absolutely love. I'd buy more shades if they weren't so flipping expensive.
4. Blankety by Mac- I was looking for a new nude lipstick and I'm thankful that my friend (thanks Rachel W.) pointed me to blankety. This is the perfect nude to pair with a smokey eye and it's been my go to shade this winter.
5. Viva Glam by Mac- This is the original viva glam shade by Mac and it's a great classic brick red. I usually pair it with their Cherry liner which is a bright cherry red but I couldn't find it when I took the photos below. If you wear it on its own, it's a true brick red. Either way I love it. (Below I added a bit of Mac's Russian Red to jazz it up).
What's your go to lipstick? Let me know in the comments because I'd love to know!