So I have this thing with PSLs (Pumpkin Spice Lattes). I'm OBSESSED with them in September (by the first week of September I think I had consumed at least 4 of them...)
But then October comes around and I'm back to my plain old soy lattes. It may have something to do with the fact that they're kinda chemical tasting or the fact that I was a little too eager beaver or who knows maybe my taste buds have changed!
A couple weeks back I decided to make my own PSL and let me tell you...it was pretty wonderful...actually it was real good, like REAL GOOD with real ingredients. It doesn't take a lot of effort to make it and it doesn't take a ton of time...(It takes about the same time as it does to get to Starbucks, wait in line, order your drink and then receive your drink and it's a fraction of the cost!)
HOMEMADE PUMPKIN SPICE LATTE
- 2 tbsp Spiced Pumpkin Mix (recipe)
- 1 cup milk (homo milk is best but go for 2% if you don't wanna go all out)
- 2 shots espresso
- Heat up Spiced Pumpkin Mix in a sauce pan over medium heat. Be careful not to burn it!
- Steam milk in frother, milk steamer or in a sauce pan then add the heated up Spiced Pumpkin Mix and give it a good mix.
- Pour your espresso shots into mug.
- With a spoon protecting the foam, pour your milk carefully into your mug over a mesh sieve. This is pivotal to get any unwanted pumpkin-y chunks out.
- Add the foam and then sprinkle some Pumpkin Pie Spice on top.
Voila! A real good tasting PSL! And the sweet thing about making the Spiced Pumpkin Mix is that you can add it to so many things. I've mixed some into vanilla ice cream to make pumpkin vanilla ice cream and next I want to try mixing it into oatmeal.
Well there you have it, your very own homemade PSL. Let me know how you like it :)
Happy Wednesday! Half way through the week hooray!