If you've been following this blog for awhile, you'll know how much I love to read! I'm a bonafide book worm/nerd and my favourite summer activity is sitting in the sunshine with a cold drink and a good book! It's a bit more difficult to get my read on with my little munchkin running around BUT I still manage to getttterrrr done.
Here is what's on my list for summer 2017! Would love to hear your recommendations from all of you bookworms out there!
1. Into the Water by Paula Hawkins- The author of The Girl on the Train brings out another thriller. I'm expecting it to be an easy beach read! Love these thriller/page-turners in the summer time.
2. Anne of Green Gables Series by L. M. Montgomery- Well apparently I'm not actually a Canadian because I didn't grow up reading the classic Anne of Green Gables....but I'm making up for it now! I purchased the whole set at a used book sale and I'm currently on #2. I absolutely adore Anne. Can't wait to read these with baby girl!!
3. Present Over Perfect by Shauna Niequist- I've only heard good things about this book so I'm excited to dig into it this summer! The subtitle says, "Leaving behind frantic for a simpler, more soulful way of living."...yessss please!
4. Rich People Problems by Kevin Kwan- It's the third instalment of the Crazy Rich Asians series! I didn't like the sequel as much as the first but I still found it a quick, entertaining read which is perfect for those poolside days!
5. The Paris Architect by Charles Belfoure- A story of a french architect who is paid to create temporary hiding places for Jewish people in Paris during WW2. I have a feeling this will be a tear jerker.
6. The Identicals by Elin Hildebrand- Love these summer reads. I've read a number of Elin's books and although they're crazy predictable chick lits, they're still fun to read in the summer. It makes me want to visit Nantucket.
7. Harry Potter & the Goblet of Fire- I'm a diehard Harry Potter fan...and very proud of it lols. I'm rereading the series and just finished #3. Goblet of Fire is next on my list!
8. Today Will Be Different by Maria Semple- I absolutely loved Where'd Ya Go Bernadette so I'm so I'm pretty pumped to read this one!
9. Before We Were Yours by Lisa Wingate- I briefly read the synopsis of this one and it seems very intense...based on a true story about a man who would kidnap children from orphanages and sell them to wealthy families.
Now bring on the baby free beach days so I can actually get some reading done, haha.
Would love to know what's on your summer reading list!