This post contains affiliate links.
Summer for me means sunshine, beach days and lots of reading. These days I don't have the time to spend hours reading on the beach BUT that won't stop me from making my Summer Reading List!
Here's what's on my list for this Summer...
1. Little Fires Everywhere by Celeste Ng- okay, so I had a bit of a head start and already read this book earlier this year. It's a fascinating read that definitely challenged me and I would love to hear how you liked it! It's so good to read books that get you thinking about what you believe and why.
2. Educated by Tara Westover- there are 213 people ahead of me in line to read this at my library so I don't think I'll be getting to it this summer but my goodness it looks unreal. It's a family memoir about a girl who grew up mixing herbs to make remedies and digging through junkyards. She had no official birth certificate or education and had her first official day of school at University! I cannot wait to read this one...hoping those 213 people in front of me read it very quickly!
3. Stay the Path by Bobbie Houston- I just adore Bobbie Houston so I'm excited to dig into this one. I just ordered it because I have a feeling I'll want to read it again!
4. Everybody Always by Bob Goff- I absolutely loved Bob Goff's Love Does and I cannot wait to read this one! I know it's going to be challenging by also incredibly inspiring. He is such an amazing human being with so much insight.
5. The Perfect Couple by Elin Hilderbrand- It wouldn't be summer without reading one of Elin's Nantucket based novels! I loved reading The Identicals last year so I'm sure I'll love this one. Her books are easy chick lit perfect for any pool or beach day!
6. Then She Was Gone by Lisa Jewell- I always love reading a thriller type novel in the summer and this one looks like it will fit the bill!
7. Love & Ruin by Paula McLain- I just got this out from the library and I'm totally hooked! I loved The Paris Wife so I'm not surprised I'm loving this one. It's about Martha Gellhorn, Ernest Hemmingway's third wife. I'm such a sucker for historical fiction!
8. The Light Between Oceans- This one was recommended by my friend Ashley who has read more than 50 books this year (she gave me a great list incase you need anymore suggestions!) I did watch this move, so I know the storyline but I'm excited to see how the book differs.
Do you have any must reads on your summer book list? I'd love to hear them!!
Oh and also, I enrolled Luca in the BC Summer Reading Program at our local library. It was the same library that I grew up going to and I remember enrolling in the Summer Reading Program every summer!! We read 20 minutes a day and if he completes a week, we get a prize! I'm hoping to bring him every Friday to get his prize. It warms my heart so much that he loves reading!!