My love for Sephora runs real deep. It's a beauty playground that I could spend hours in. I have often said to James, "Sephora is to me what Home Depot is to you." HA.
They had their spring sale (everything is 15% off for VIBs, 10% for regular folk) last week and I took full advantage. I didn't go crazy because #budgetlife BUT I did buy a few things I was running low on/would be running out of at some point soon because you might as well get it at 15% off! (Can you tell I have a background in sales? :)
I haven't shared my beauty favourites for awhile, so I thought I'll give you an ol' update. My beauty routine is pretty much the same most days (foundation, concealer, blush, contour, eyebrows, eyeliner and lip chap) but some days I like to change it up (eyeshadow or brown eyeliner instead of liquid).
MY CURRENT BEAUTY FAVOURITES:
- MAKEUP FOREVER HD FOUNDATION- I just started using this one and I am a HUGE fan. I was using this smashbox one and I loved it but I'd heard so many good things about this one so the girl at Sephora put the two on either of my cheeks and I gotta say, the Makeup Forever one defs had a smoother finish!
- SMASHBOX HIGH DEFINITION CONCEALER- I started using this one last year and it does a pretty good of covering up my dark circles without being super heavy on my skin! It goes on smooth which I love but it doesn't last all day...which is fine because it would probably have to be thicker to do that so if I'm going out after work, I usually just apply a little bit more and I'm good to go!
- ESTEE LAUDER PURE COLOUR INTENSE EYELINER- I received this one in my first TOPBOX (Rip Birchbox Canada :( !!!!!!!!) and I love it! It came with half brown and half black and I've been using it on days I can't be bothered to do liquid. It does run a bit but it goes on very dark and very smoothly so if you plan on wearing this day and night, be sure to stick a few qtips in your bag to clean it up before you go out at night.
- BENEFIT ROLLER LASH MASCARA- This my friends, is my most favourite mascara EVER! I've tried A TON of mascaras and I have to hand it to Benefit because this one tops them all. It lengthens, separates, thickens AND curls. I tried this Two-Faced one last year after I'd heard so much about it and I was so disappointed (way too thick and ran down my face!!) Roller Lash actually stays on my eyelashes all day and isn't insanely hard to get off either. I 100% recommend this mascara! It's a bit pricey but so worth it.
- STILA LIQUID EYELINER- Courtney introduced this liquid eyeliner to me last year and I am sooo glad. It's one of the easiest, most fool proof liquid liners to apply and it stays on almost all day (unless I rub my eyes or have a nap lols).
- BENEFIT GIMME BROW- I purchased this with my Birchbox points last year and to be honest, I didn't really use it much. But recently, I've started to use it if I'm going for a more casual look. It thickens the brows you already have and also helps keep them in place. If I'm going for a more dramatic look, I use MAC Brun eyeshadow for brow powder then shape the brows with Gimme Brow.
- VITA LIBERATA SELF TANNING NIGHT MOISTURE MASK- I've noticed that on days I get the comment "Oh you have such a pregnancy glow!", I've used this self tanner the night before. heehehee! You apply it at night before you go to sleep, miraculously, it doesn't come off on your pillow and when you wake up you have a gorgeous glow! I received this as a sample in a Birchbox last year and am so glad I did because it's lasted forever and I absolutely love it. I will definitely buy the large size when I've run out.
- CLINIQUE SPF 40- This has been my staple sunscreen for years! It's light enough to wear under makeup and it protects my face from all those horrible UV rays! I haven't strayed from it, because it works so well for me!
Well there you have it, my current beauty favourites. I'm always up for trying something new so please tell me what beauty products you can't live without!!