So I'm a third of the way through this whole "no sugar" thing. I feel good but I miss my chocolate...my goodness, I miss it. My cravings have gone way down but sometimes I still need some sweetness...
Thankfully, this blueberry, banana & coconut baked oatmeal hits the spot.
BLUEBERRY, BANANA + COCONUT BAKED OATMEAL
- 2 medium ripe bananas, sliced into 1/2" pieces
- 2 cups blueberries
- 1/4 cup agave or honey
- 1 cup uncooked quick oats
- 1/4 cup walnuts or pecans chopped into small pieces
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- 1 cup milk (almond, soy, or regular)
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/8 cup shredded coconut
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees and lightly grease a 9x13" dish.
- Arrange the bananas slices in a single layer in the dish. Scatter half the blueberries on top along with 1/4 tsp of cinnamon and 1 tbsp of agave or honey. Cover with foil and bake in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, combine the oats, half the nuts, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt.
- In a separate bowl stir together the milk, vanilla, egg, and agave or honey.
- When bananas are done cooking, pour the oat mixture over it then pour the milk mixture on top. Sprinkle the rest of the nuts, blueberries and shredded coconut on top then bake in the oven until the top is golden brown (about 40 minutes).
And if you're feeling extra sweet you can sprinkle brown sugar on top of the bananas and then again on the top of the mixture but honestly, the blueberries are so sweet that you don't need that extra sweetness!