As you know, I am a big fan of pumpkin EVERYTHING. We took our students to a pumpkin patch this past weekend and it was wonderful except for the fact that it was POURING RAIN...and I don't mean like sprinkle, sprinkle rain but straight up, get you soaked down pour!! We still had a wonderful time but oh my gosh that rain....please don't come back.
But if that horrendous rain comes back I know that I'll stay safely inside curled up with a hot chocolate and some of these melt in your mouth pumpkin cookies.
These cookies though.
They actually MELT IN YOUR MOUTH. They have the perfect amount of pumpkin and spices with a sugar frosting...just perfect for fall. I recommend making them RIGHT away before the pumpkin cravings are long gone because there are only 71 DAYS TILL CHRISTMAS PEOPLE!
MELT IN YOUR MOUTH PUMPKIN COOKIES
- 1 cup unsalted butter (softened)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp (each) cinnamon, nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp ginger
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3/4 cup + 2 tbsp pumpkin puree
- 2 cups flour
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/8 cup milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- cinnamon for sprinkling
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat butter on medium speed for 30 seconds. Add sugar, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, and cloves and then mix until well combined. Next add the egg, vanilla and then pumpkin. Once mixed, slowly add flour until just combined.
- Place dough two inches apart on cookie tray. Bake for 8-10 minutes. Once baked, transfer to wire rack.
- For the frosting, melt the butter and brown sugar in a small saucepan. Transfer to the bowl of the electric mixer and mix in milk and vanilla. Beat in powdered sugar until smooth. Be sure to wait until the cookies are cool to frost them!