My Monday morning post is coming a little bit late to ya...sorry about that but MY MAN CAME HOME! Unfortunately he's a bit under the weather but whatevs, I'm just happy he's hooooome! I'm also happy I got to sleep in this morning :)
Now today I baked you some cookies! Welllll, I actually baked these weeks ago, just forgot to post them...whoops! Fun little fact about these cookies...I made them when I was scared ha. I don't know about you but, I'm definitely one who bakes my emotions. Cookies just seem to be the answer when I'm FREEEAAAKKKKKKIIINNNGGG OUT. On this particular night, we had a little date night and were cuddling on the couch watching the movie, Whiplash. Fun right? NOT AT ALL. It was a good movie but GOSH STOP YELLING GUY. CHILLLL OUT. I honestly couldn't stand the yelling, and had to go to the kitchen and bake cookies immediately. Did you watch Whiplash? I'd loooove to know what you thought of it.
So anyways, when I made James try these cookies...he was all like "THESE ARE THE BEST COOKIES EVER!!!" Now he says that very often, but honestly, these guys are sooo yummy and super easy to bake. All you need is a little butter, sugar, skor bits and a good amount of fear.
SALTED SKOR BIT COOKIES
- 2 Cups flour
- 2 tsp Baking soda
- 1/2 tsp Kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp Ground ginger
- 3/4 cup Unsalted butter
- 1 1/4 cup Brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup Skor Bits
- Coarse Sea Salt
- Combine flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon & ginger in a bowl.
- In an electric mixer, mix butter & sugar. Beat on high until light and fluffy. Add in the egg and vanilla and mix.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients and mix on low.
- Add in Skor bits and mix with spatula.
- Put dough in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Pre-heat oven to 350 and prepare baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Scoop about 1 1/2 tbsp balls onto sheet and sprinkle with sea salt.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes.
Recipe slightly adapted from Annies Eats.
Happy Monday! I'm off to do my long run....12.9km oh help me LORD!