Happy August everyone! Today is a holiday for all of us in beautiful British Columbia. Mondays are my usual day off so it's no big deal for me aside from a day in lieu for my vaycay in two weeks (hurrrah!)
This August I want to get back on the healthy train...and for me that means cutting out sweets (insert crying face emoji)....except for my anniversary and birthday because no sweets on those days would be plain torturous! We're planning on doing a juice cleanse for a couple days (any suggestions anyone!!?? We have a juicer!) but mainly I'm just going to try to make wise health decisions (low carb, high protein, greens, greens, greens and no sweets!) And maybe once in awhile I'll indulge in one of these muffins...?
You guys...I make these muffins all the time. They take 30 minutes max and are so good and aren't crazy bad for you! I usually make a batch and then freeze half of them. They make a great snack or a super quick breakfast!
QUICK + SKINNY BANANA CHOCOLATE CHIP MUFFINS
makes approx 24 muffins (I made 26 very large muffins from this batch because I have odd size muffin tins!)
- 3 cups flour (whole wheat pastry or white flour)
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 5 very ripe med-large bananas
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 tbsp vanilla
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup non-fat plain greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp unsweetened almond milk
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- reheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray muffin tins with non stick cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl flour, baking soda and salt.
- In a blender, mix bananas, honey, vanilla, oil, eggs and yogurt until well combined.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the bowl of dry ingredients and mix until well combined then fold in the chocolate chips.
- Pour the batter into the muffin tins and then bake for 25 minutes. They're ready when you insert a toothpick and it comes out clean!
- Let muffins cool in tins for a few minutes and then place on wire rack.
Recipe adapted from Ambitious Kitchen
Hope you all have a great Monday!