Throughout this pregnancy so many people have asked if I have had any cravings. I haven't had any crazy ones but I've definitely noticed my sweet tooth increasing...surprisingly, I usually crave candy more than chocolate...but this one day in particular, I was craving the heavenly combination of chocolate and peanut butter....so I decided to make this trifle.
Now just warning you, this is a crazy rich dessert. I used brownies but next time, I would definitely use a lighter chocolate cake instead.
PEANUT BUTTER CHOCOLATE TRIFLE
- 1 batch of chocolate cake from a box (don't bother making from scratch, but do if you really really want to), cooled and cut into bite size pieces
- 1 large box of chocolate pudding
- 1 bag of mini peanut butter cups, coarsely chopped
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 3-4 tbsp sugar
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 2 tbsp milk
- 1 brick of cream cheese at room temperature
- Beat heavy cream and regular sugar in an electric mixer on medium high until stiff peaks form. Transfer the whip cream to another bowl and put in the fridge.
- Beat peanut butter and cream cheese in the electric mixer on medium until the mixture is creamy. Add in the icing sugar and mix until combined. Add in the milk.
- Add 1 cup of the whipping cream to the peanut butter mixture and mix until combined.
- Grab your dish and begin to assemble the trifle. Clear dishes are obviously better but use what you have! I assembled it in this order: chocolate cake, peanut butter, peanut butter cups, chocolate pudding, whip cream and then repeat. Make sure you save some peanut butter cups for the top layer!
MMMmmmmm now I want this all over again....