So you know how my mum and I made cookies on cookies on cookies a few weeks ago? Well, James and I decided it wasn’t enough and we made two more types of cookies, ha! We went for a basic peanut butter one with a hersey’s kiss and these Nutella Stuffed Chocolate Cookies. THESE ARE AMAZING! I’ve blogged about them before but the pictures were so horrible that I decided to take some new ones…enjoy!
NUTELLA STUFFED CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
makes two dozen cookies
2 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1 1/4 teaspoons baking soda
1/4 teaspoon of salt
1 cup unsalted butter
1 1/4 cup packed dark brown sugar
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 large egg plus 1 egg yolk
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 tablespoon plain greek yogurt
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/2 jar of Nutella, chilled in refrigerator
Coarse sea salt for sprinkling
1. Whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt in a bowl and set aside.
2. Brown the butter by melting it in a saucepan over medium heat. start whisking the melted butter. Keep whisking and the butter will begin to foam. Keep whisking. After a long time the butter will begin to brown on the bottom of the saucepan; continue to whisk and remove from heat as soon as the butter begins to brown and gives off a nutty aroma. As soon as it gets to this point, pour the butter in a bowl to cool.
3. Mix the butter and sugars in an electric mixer until thoroughly blended. Beat in the egg, yolk, vanilla, and yogurt until combined. then add the dry ingredients slowly and beat on low-speed just until combined. Fold in all of the chocolate chips.
4. Now chill your dough for at least 2 hours in the refrigerator. I know!!! This seems like a ridiculous step BUT it is essential for the cookies to taste AMAZING.
5. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. After the dough is chilled, measure about 1 1/2 tablespoons of it and roll into a ball. Flatten the dough in the palm of your hand and then place 1 teaspoon of chilled Nutella in the middle and fold dough around it. Gently roll into a ball. Place dough balls on a baking sheet prepared with parchment paper 2 inches apart. Flatten cookies super gently with your hand!
6. Bake the cookies 9-11 minutes. Cool the cookies on the sheets for 2 minutes and then sprinkle some sea salt on top. Transfer cookies to wire racks to cool.