Nothing says winter is coming, like super pale skin and the sun setting at 4:30pm.....I KNOW RIGHT...it's so cruel but praise the Lord for Christmas music and beauty products that make you look alive. Thankfully Sephora had their annual VIB sale (20% off) over the weekend and this mama went on a little shopping spree aka I used gift cards I had been saving since my birthday (budget life LOLZ) to stock up on some old and new favourites to get me through the dismal winter.
1. GOOD MASCARA If I could only wear one beauty product for the rest of my life, you know I would choose mascara. I obviously went with my good ol' faithful who has never let me down (Benefit Roller Lash, by far THE BEST mascara out there!)
2. BLUSH & BRONZER I wear SPF 40 almost everyday so that being said, my skin needs some COLOUR. I had used this one from Nars for ages. I loved it but wanted to try up something different. I picked up Urban Decay's Naked Flushed Palette and I'm happy to report that it goes on great! Way cheaper than Nars AND has a light pink highlighter. The bronzer doesn't have any shimmer in it, which is defs a win for me.
3. LIP BALM My lips get SO dry during the winter so I am always in need of a good lip balm. Fresh's Sugar balm is my absolute favourite. Trust me, you will love it.
4. SELF TANNER/MOISTURE MASK I finally bit the bullet and bought Vita Liberata's night moisture mask and I'm sooo glad I did. It's an overnight self tanner/moisture mask that leaves your skin mega moisturized along with a non-orange glow (which also doesn't stain your pillow!) It takes me from "you look tired and deathly" to "ohhh, your skin looks so nice". It's a bit on the pricier side but you don't need much (this bottle should last me at least 6 months!)
5. GOOD CONCEALER And lastly I picked up concealer to hide my massive dark circles. I was a little sad to see that Smashbox had discontinued the one I had been using for years BUT the replacement is just as good, if not better. It's waterproof, and seemed to last a bit longer than the old smashbox one so my dark circles don't need to show their lovely selves anytime soon, ha.
What are you winter beauty must haves?? let me know in the comments or on facebook!