Kids are going back to school today and it's raining in my city...looks like summer is on its way out! I don't know about you, but there's something about this time of year that makes me want to get my butt in gear health wise. I guess I'm trying to make up for months of eating ice cream in the summer, ha. Any of you in the same boat??
I told James that after Labour Day I want to eat a lot better and figure out an exercise plan...slowly but surely. A good place to start is with these Thai Noodle bowls. The recipe is from Oh She Glows cookbook, which I highly recommend as everything I've made from it has been so yummy!
These bowls are healthy, filling AND delicious. A perfect recipe to kick my butt back into healthy gear.
THAI NOODLE BOWL
For the sauce-
- 1 large garlic clove minced
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 3 tbsp natural peanut butter
- 2 tsp grated ginger
- 3 tbsp lime juice
- 2 tbsp + 1 tsp tamari
- 2 tsp sugar
For the salad-
- 4 oz soba noodles (found in the asian section of your grocer)
- 1 bag frozen shelled edamame beans (I could not find shelled at Costco or superstore..I ended up buying shelled ones, defrosting them and then shelling them...not ideal because it takes a long time ha!)
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- 1/2 cucumber diced
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 4 green onions chopped
- 1/4 cup cilantro chopped
- Combine sauce ingredients and mix well. You can use a food processor but I just whisked everything and it came together easily.
- Cook the soba noodles according to package. Once done, rinse immediately under cold water. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Add the vegetables in and then the sauce. Give it a good mix.