It’s been snowing on and off since Friday…which is pretty crazy for this part of Canada!! We normally don’t get a lot of snow…or if we do, it’s gone the next day, but we currently have about 8 inches on our front lawn! Making cookies is a MUST for a snow day around here! Luca loved being involved and London, well, she just loves eating cookies, ha!
-4 cups of sifted flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
-1/2 tsp salt
-1 cup unsalted butter at room temp
-2 cups sugar
-2 large eggs
-2 tsp pure vanilla extract
1. Sift flour, baking powder and salt into a bowl.
2. Mix butter and sugar together in the bowl of an electric mixer. Mix on medium until pale and fluffy. Add in the eggs and vanilla. Reduce speed to low. Gradually mix in the flour mixture.
3. Divide dough into two halves. Flatten each half into a disk, cover in plastic and refrigerate until firm (about 1 hour- overnight)
4. Preheat oven to 325F.
5. Take dough out of the fridge and let stand at room temperature for 10 minutes.
6. Roll out dough on a floured service until dough is about 1/8inch thick then use your favourite cookie cutters to cut out cute shapes! I used these ones.
7. Once you have a cookie sheet filled, put it in the freezer for 15 minutes.
8. Bake cookies for 15-18 mins until the edges turn golden.
9. Ice with Royal Icing or leave plain!
Pin + Share the love!!! Thank you for your support <3