Fact: I’ve always loved Valentines Day.
A holiday that encourages me to eat chocolate and watch chick flicks? Count me in. In high school my best friend Laura & I would wear these matching heart t-shirts and curl our hair in the hallway. I always give out Valentines. Ya, ya, ya, I know it’s also Single Awareness Day but to be honest, I never felt lonely on Valentines Day.
Here are some practical DOs & DONTs to get you through the day…
1. Spread love to others! You can’t really be sad & lonely if you’re loving other people!
2. Eat LOTS of chocolate.
3. Pray for your future mate. (God’s got this one covered honey, TRUST HIM.)
4. Hang with friends! Watch a comedy, go out for dinner, have a party.
5. Spend some time with Jesus. He’s the one who loves you most.
1. Watch too many chick flicks.
2. Look at Wedding Blogs.
3. Pin your future wedding.
4. Not eat chocolate.
5. Let the enemy tell you, you’re going to be alone forever…YOU AIN’T!! God’s prepping your MOG for you!!!!!
This is my first year EVER with a boyfriend on Valentines Day, so I am SOAKING IT UP. Already he’s surprised me with two love notes (one hidden on my car door handle and one on my computer). Ah, a year ago our feelings were just beginning to blossom and I mustered up the courage to give him a Valentine..we had an awkward hug and nervously chatted. Ha! The past year has flown by and now we’re over 10 months into our relationship.
here is the deepest secret nobody knows
(here is the root of the root and the bud of the bud
and the sky of the sky of a tree called life; which grows
higher than the soul can hope or mind can hide)
and this is the wonder that’s keeping the stars apart
i carry your heart (i carry it in my heart)
I love you James Liira.
Happy Valentines Day everyone!