Welcome to my first DIY!!! Lately, I’ve become obsessed with DIY and I’ve been mad searching blogs for fantastic DIYs. As soon as I saw these cupcakes, I knew I had to make them. I love pastels. I love painting my nails pastel. I love wearing pastels (always makes you look more tanned!) So obviously I would love eating pastels. Doesn’t the inside remind you of My Little Ponies? awwwwwwwwwwe.
Anywhoo, enjoy! I hope these cupcakes will make your heart sparkle as much as they did for me.
DIY: TIE-DYED CUPCAKES…
1. Preheat the oven to 350°. Line a muffin tin with 12 paper liners. Set pan aside.
2. First things first, mix up a vanilla cupcake batter (don’t you dare use Betty Crocker). I used this one from Annie’s Eats (AMAZING food blog).
3. Divide mixture into four bowls.
4. Food colour it up. We chose four pastels: mint green, pale turquoise, pink and lavender. Only add a few drops of food colouring for pastels. For more vibrant colours you’ll need to add more food colouring.
5. Slowly scoop the batter into the cupcake tins. Be careful not to mix the batter once they’re in. Have fun with how much of each batter you place in each cupcake.
6. Bake for 18-20 minutes.
7. Let cool for 15 minutes before you ice. (Awe, don’t they look like little scoops of ice cream?) We used basic cream cheese icing because anything with cream cheese is always best.
8. Decorate the icing. We just dropped a few drops of food colouring and used the end of the knife to make our own swirl patterns.
Voila! Aren’t they so fun? Oh, and here are some photos of the lovely chefs.